Sunday, July 18, 2010

Going to Armenia soon!

I am leaving in a week for Armenia for my outreach from Titus project!!!
Armenia is the first country where adopted Christianity as their national religion. Over 93% of their populations belongs to the Apostolic church according to Wikipedia Very interestingly enough, this country is surrounded by Islam countries, except Georgia.

I have been learning about why we are to teach and preach and how we are to deliver out message to the people in need of knowing the Bible. I have been learning much in these area and especially in the context of outreach. In spite of richness of their Christian heritage in Armenia, they have lack of Bible Study Resources as far as I know. So, that is why our Titus project team is going to Armenia to teach the Bible with an Inductive Method.

One thing that is stuck in my heart is that without knowing what their own culture and history background, it would be very insensitive thing to do for us to preach / teach on anything, which made me to be a bit more serious toward preparing my teachings. I think that it is great that we are already praying for Armenia, researching about Armenia and preparing teachings that we will do in context of being in Armenia. However, I feel that I still don't really know about Armenia. Oh, I desperately need God's grace on this trip!

Lord, please help me to be sensitive to Your Spirit, so that I could be sensitive to your loving children in Armenia while teaching/ preaching Your message to them. And let me be able to build a good relationship with them in spite of language barrier by Your grace, So, they would be excited to learn to study the Bible and experiencing God's grace and love in their life, which could result in sending missionaries to neighbor countries...

No comments:

Post a Comment