Someone whom I know says that a way to please a man is food, which means that making a great food for man is speaking to man's heart much.As hearing that, I agreed with her but I must say that food speaks to my heart much too!!! I am sure that those whom know me close enough would remember how good food brings out sprakling eyes and a big smile on me.
I believe that food speaks to many people's heart and we can get to know cultures in different countries through food as well. As getting through photos taken by this year, I have realized that food was involved much both in my personal life and working life.
During staff training, we had a day out together with the whole staff from School of Biblical Studies, which we went to Öreckrö, an island close by Gothenburg. And Some of us were putting much effort to make a delicious Korean food. It probably took about little more than 2hours, but we were so happy to have fellowship as making food together and as sharing the meal together.
One of staff who is from Lithuania made one of typical food of their own country. The
Recently I went to Öreckrö again to have an Easter break. As a missionary within YWAM (Youth With A Mission), I don't feel much that I am living in Sweden for the most of time because there are 32 nationalites living together at the moment at the YWAM base, where I am working. It is so awesome to think about that I am living and working with people from so many different countries, which makes me thinking about the kingdom of God in a physical sense more. However, it is also great to discover some of cultures of the country where I actually live in. So, this Easter break was helping me to taste of little more of Sweden by learning how to make 'eggost' (eggcheese) and tasting special easter meals!
I was also watching how people in that island gather together to have a competition of making the biggest fire in that area.
Making bonfires started for different reasons originally, but it seems like that people are just enjoying their traditions without thinking about the meaning so much nowadays.
One thing really sad is that the traditions from Christianity for the Easter seemed not being kept by many Swedish people just as other traditions are kept, although forms and religious practices would not save people's souls.
Here is a photo of me and my boyfriend. After talking about food mostly, it feels like a bit off. But, perhaps I might have reached his heart through food being prepared by me! :) Who knows?!!
Hej Charity, I can underline what you said that food is a way to reach to your heart aswell, more than most womens heart I think :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, Anna! You know me so well!!! :)
Delete