Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wondering about spiritual warfare?

3 Crucial questions about Spiritual Warfare by Clinton E. Arnold.

I have just finished reading this book and felt that this book should be read by many other Christians since it has helped me greatly in getting better understanding about spiritual warfare area and it seems very sounded and balanced in his argument.
The writer of this book is trying to answer to 3 questions based on thorough biblical search and early church history.

The questions dealt on this book are below:
1. What is spiritual warfare?
2. Can a Christian be demon-possessed?
3. Are we called to engage territorial spirits?

One thing that I especially like about the way he approaches in his book is that he strives for unity in a body of Christ.
I would like to quote a part of his book here:
"My prayer is that mission boards and churches will keep this issue in proper perspective and not sever relationships over this issue. My hope would also be that the overzealous would recognize that there is little biblical, theological, or historical support for direct engagement with the so-called territorial spirits and that they would modify their practices accordingly. I would also hope that skeptical and complacent believers would recognize that the Christian life is a supernatural struggle that can only be lived by the power of the Spirit of God. This is particularly true when we endeavor to obey Christ by reaching out to the lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment